Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Yes, NO! NO?, ok yes

Lou is Dylan's clone. Have I said that before? It's because it's true.
She now crawls into our bed around 4 am every morning, demands a bottle of milk and goes back to sleep. Or, she'll toss and turn and drive me nuts. When she can't settle down, she'll take my hand, place it on her own back and make me rub it.
Just. Like. Dylan. Does.
It's crazy, that move used to drive me nuts about him. He does it awake and in his sleep. Like he'll take my hand and scratch his own back with it. Doesn't is seem way more efficient to scratch your own back?
But now she does it too. And somehow that makes me realize it's not something he does to bug me, it's just what he (and she) does.

She is also displaying alarming signs of a love for arguing. Dylan much?
Example:
- Ok we can go play in the water but then you have to take a shower when we get home
- No!
- Yes
- No!
- No...
- Yes!
This can go on forever, and she loves it. Seriously what is so fun about arguing?

But speaking of arguing, it's easy to complain but sometimes hard to look beyond the arguments. I usually like to tell myself that Dylan is the nomad and I'm the settler who was more or less dragged into this life of moving house, apartment, city every year at least.
But as soon as he starts showing signs of wanting to buy a home and get all nesty, I get restless. Like shouldn't we move somewhere else? Why are we living here?
When he is googling homes and cars and mortgage rates, I get antsy. When he looks at job-boards in different cities and countries, I feel at peace.     

No comments:

Post a Comment