Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Killer instincts

All cafes and cafeterias on campus are closed, and have been all summer. All vending machines are in the US, we don't do those here apparently. (At least not on campus, there is one at my gym for sports drinks and energy bars.... )

Anyways, point being that in order to get anything eatable you have to walk at least half a mile. Which means you want to plan you caloric intake and /or daily excursions to the world outside prior to plopping your butt down in the office chair.

This typically wouldn't be that big of a deal. But typically I'm not a million weeks pregnant and have a hard time with estimations and such. So some days I bring more food than I need. Other days I get so hungry in the afternoon the thought of walking anywhere past the office bathroom feels like climbing Everest (doable maybe, but not for me).

During these times (not my finest moments) I've been hangerly answering emails, stealing stale and questionable snacks from the break room (seriously hoping nobody will come back looking for those cause I have eaten them all. gone, no more. finito) and contemplating eating bugs. It's supposed to be a thing anyway, isn't it? All nutritious and chock full of protein?

Also thinking about what a spoiled modern human I am. If I'm hungry I should probably go kill something, or pick it, or grow it. But whatever.
My toddler thinks hens buy eggs at the store for their chickens.... we're modern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment