Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Every goddam time

Massage therapist: is there any area in particular you’d like me to focus on?
Me: Yes. Neck, shoulders and back. Please.
Massage therapist: you got it!

I proceed to lay on the table and the massage therapist does his/her regular routine.
Back, arm, other arm, leg, other leg, little on the feet, flip over, more leg, other leg, shoulders neck.

Like a dance they could do in their sleep.
Some do a little on the hands, the guy today pulled my fingers (in a professional way) some avoid the glutes, some work them.

But you can tell, they do their thing. Asking about my particular areas of preferred focus is really just part of the routine.
They’re still going to do their thing.
I’d so gladly trade the calf work for more shoulder work. But that's not part of the deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment