Thursday, July 12, 2018

That'll put hair on your chest

After a few consecutive mornings of me making a pot of coffee for me and my one office mate (the sharp dresser) that's been just a little wimpy.
Too weak.
Not quite enough to kick in.
I decided not to take any risks on this (TGI)Friday.
So right now I'm sipping on a cup that reminds me of that expression "it'll put hair on your chest"

The first time I ever heard it was on a road trip gas station break, Dylan and I were coming back from Seattle I think. It was early on, we've might only have been dating for a few months.
Anyways, it's late and I go in to get coffee to keep us awake for the rest of the drive. The lady working apologizes for not having any freshly brewed, I say that's ok and pour two cups of what's sitting out.
"A'ight honey, but that'll put hair on your chest" she mutters as she rings me up.

Then I thought about it for at least 20 miles before finally asking Dylan what the heck that meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment