Sunday, October 8, 2017

Monday


I don’t think the streets have been dry in weeks. The weather feels like Chile, constant bursts of “refreshments”, that is windy rain in between spots of sun and cloudy gloom. The leaves fall and turn into wet, sticky piles of yellow hazard. Slick as shit when you ride your bike. Which I do now. 25 minutes door to door. I get to work slightly sweaty. I don’t really care.  

We had a good weekend. Lou got to play with Tyra (Tyyyja!) on Saturday and big cousin Ronja (Jinja) on Sunday. We are hoping to get her into a preschool sooner than later. She craves that social stimulation, you can tell. 6 am she is standing by the door, shoes in hand, just wanting to go find kids to play with.

I leave for a three day, two night trip with work tomorrow. I’ve never been away from her for two consecutive nights before. She’ll probably handle it better than I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment