Sunday, October 15, 2017

Old stuff, new do

Dylan loves thrift stores.
To the point of can-I-please-buy-somehing-anything-not-from-adamnthriftstoreforonceplease…. It’s not like I dislike them, it’s just that sometimes I want stuff now (like gloves), and sometimes I want stuff new (like towels).

Anyhow, yesterday we went to a giant thrift store I’d never even heard of, and f-ing cleaned house. It was pretty awesome. We each got a bike helmet, I got a new ski helmet (which I’ve been wanting and needing for years, Dylan actually got me one for xmas a few years back (bran new too, from an online sale) but since I have a giant head it didn’t fit and we had to send it back, I got gore-tex winter shoes, a pair of jeans, Dylan got a suit jacket, we found this sweet old chest, mittens, and I don’t even know what else.

And last night it didn’t even rain and we took our new old helmets out for a bike ride along the river.   

Oh, and also, Dylan shaved his head. I had to help. He has a shitload of hair that man. I thought Lou would find it traumatic to see her dad go from long-haired to buzz cut, but she just ate macaroni and watched us trim his head and didn’t care.

No comments:

Post a Comment