Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Now it's raining


It gets dark around 4pm now. I can see how that might seem depressing. It is depressing. Last night it snowed and it’s amazing what that does for light and mood. Now it’s raining.

First major report done and submitted at work. I feel like I still don’t really get most of what we’re doing. But I am getting into the grove of things in some aspects I suppose. I ask a few more questions now that I am (sometimes) able to tell whether they are crazy stupid or just sort of stupid. I have been able to substitute some blank stares with nods of honest understating.

Dylan says it’s boring here. I agree. He says he misses his friends and family. I do too. It’s hard. I miss Coeur d’Alene. I don’t feel like this is a home I left a decade ago. We don’t have friends, really. Or yet, or whatever.  But transitions are hard.
Change is hard.  I don’t regret making this move. And I keep thinking that in the long run, it’ll be worth it. Things that used to be huge stressors in our lives, suddenly aren’t anymore. We’ve gained a safety net and comfort.
But we’ve lost a lot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment