Thursday, April 19, 2018

Not my finest moment- and don't study too hard

I wrote an email to a Dropbox support person today that was not very nice. I feel a little bad about that, but in my defense, in the original email to support, I quoted the instructions I had on hand (for how to end my free 30-day trial) and explained why they were not helpful.
Pheobe from support replied with the exact same instructions. 
I mean I know the whole point of a free trial is to get you hooked, or at least have you forget to cancel the subscription so you're charged for a month or two before you notice.
But canceling the Dropbox subscription was harder than the math section of the GREs. And I don't think that's reasonable.

In other news, my Russian co-worker has invited everyone to a housewarming party next Sunday. It's a late lunch, and the following Monday is a holiday so don't worry, we can have all the vodka with lunch. Should be fun. 
During coffee this morning she also casually shared how the girl with the best grades in her class growing up (straight As, rich parents, silver spoon, the works) was found murdered (stabbed) at age 17. So what's the point of having good grades? I mean, when you still might get stabbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment