Thursday, October 29, 2009

the best Thriller-dance ever

This morning I went to the gym that is (conveniently enough) located right next to Jamie´s house. I don´t know if I´ll get a membership yet, Randy says there are more gyms in the area and I should compare prices and stuff.... but I got a one time pass to try it out. And the class and the gym was everything you´d expect a gym to be, but what happened after class was the most spectacular thing I´ve seen in a long time.

So after class, into the room with the mirrors and the stereo walks a group of maybe 20 mentally handicapt teenagers. They had some kind of dance class, and did this routine to Michael Jackson´s "Thriller"..... it was so cool, they were all in sync too, even had two people in wheel chairs do all the hand movements with assistants pushing them around on the dance floor. From what I understood they were preparing for a Halloween show. It was really cool.

I don´t know if we´ll do anything for Halloween still, it all depends on other people since we don´t exactly have our own group of friends here. What we do have though, finally, is keys to the front gate. We got them today so now we don´t have to jump the fence anymore, which is nice. People just look at you kind of funny when you have to jump the fence to your own place.

No comments:

Post a Comment