Tuesday, February 9, 2010

English still

Had a hard deciding what to do about this now that I'm home...keep the blog in English or switch to Swedish? Since the outcome no doubt will affect the lives of millions, I feel it's very important...

Well, since I'd like to keep writing even though our lives won't be very exciting anymore, I decided to keep it English since the only people who might find life in northern Sweden somewhat entertaining will be the people who are not here. Once back in the US, the opposite will be true and then I will go back to writing in Swedish. There...the decision has been made.

It's been a little more eventful than I had anticipated, comming home. My uncle died last week, the day before we left Argentina. Nobody told me, although I actually read about it on our local newspaper's website right before we went for the airport but thought nothing of it since they didn't reveal the name of the person. It was my mother's brother and the funeral will be later this month. It's all very surreal.
My grandfather (on my dad's side), whose health has been declining rapidly this fall is now in the hospital and will probably have his foot amputated this week. We will try to go visit him this weekend.

There's also more of the neverending Green Card hoops to jump through, but I feel selfish worrying about that stuff now that people are really suffering around me.

And in the middle of it all, it's good to be home. We had a great weekend with family, friends, sunshine on the snow and frost bitten cheeks. Dylan will no doubt be ready to leave on March 3rd and I will definitly be ready to follow him on the 24th. But for now, it's good to be home. Good to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment