Thursday, February 25, 2010

worst sense of direction ever

If there was an award for that, I'd be right up there fighting for the top spot. It's actually more like no sense of direction, it's not bad, it's missing. Today the temperature in Luleå slowly, and with great hesitation, started to drop a little. From -25c to only -15c and I decided to try Peter's freestyle cross country skis. The actual skiing part didn't go very well since I couldn't get the damn skis to glide even in the downhill sections. I tried pretty hard for maybe ten minutes before I gave up, because I felt stupid skiing like a maniac without hardly moving, didn't have fun and was afraid my hernia would rip open. So I decided to turn around and go back, but then of course I was lost. You think going one way in a ski track, not turning more than twice and always follow the signs for the blue track, it'd be close to impossible to get lost. That's what I thought, but I forgot I was me.

Tomorrow is the funeral. Me and Dylan are riding down to Bastuträsk with Ida and Peter while Peter's mom and her partner are comming here to be with the kids. Jennie is still a little sick and I got up and watched the same Barbie movie again with her this morning. It's getting a little old. Some movies you can watch again and again, Barbie in a Christmas Carol is not one of them.
Since it's too cold to be outside for very long, we've basically been reading books and watching a lot of sports. I can't believe we lost to Slovakia. Actually I can, we always suck in the "easy" games. Now I don't know what team to cheer for...definitely not Finland, definitely not Slovakia. Dylan cheers enough for the US, they don't need more support. Canada? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment