Saturday, February 20, 2010

for bannat kallt!

It's so so cold now. The thermometer says 22 below or something like that, not too bad. But it's windy too and just really really bitter cold. Last night me and Dylan had to walk about a mile from the bus stop to my friend's house (this is Sweden, we don't just drive) and it was brutal. Walking the same way back to catch the night bus 6 hours later we decided to run in order to keep wark and Dylan did it Olympic style...
-Look at me, I'm Björn Berry! he shouted and took of pretending to be a ski-shouter. Every 50m he would stop to shoot, both standing and laying down and in the downhill part he pretended to be taking the corner on his skiis. It was really funny, almost made me forget how cold I was.

Tonight we're watching more of the Olympics but also of course some Schlager, which is a music competition where it's decided who will represent Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest in May. It mostly really bad stuff, but everyone still watches it just so they can be in on the conversations about how bad it is.

Other than that, I'm happy to report that Dylan's Swedish is actually getting better, I think it's from watching the olympics every day all week. His vocab is very sports oriented though, a lot of "good form, keep right, bad balance, loosing speed" and stuff like that... but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment