Saturday, January 9, 2010

last supper

Me and Dylan just made deviled eggs for the going away BBQ tonight. We're leaving monday, so is Randy and Juri is leaving tomorrow so this is the last time for everyone to get together. It's 5:30 pm right now, I would guess the early guests will arrive around 8 and dinner will probably kick off at like midnight.... I don't see why parties here always have to start so late, it's not like we're busy right now...everyone is just waiting for it to get late enough. But it's a cultural thing, I guess. The square Scandinavian in me also has a really hard time with the inability Southamericans have when it comes to planning stuff. Making plans for tomorrow is as hard for a Chilean as it is for a Swede to not have any plans for tomorrow.

No news on my wallet, I don't expect to get it back much though. It sucks but fortunatly (tur i oturen, hur säger man det på engelska?) I lost very little money and only my driver's license and bank card and not my passport. That would have been close to a dissaster.

This morning I went to the gym for the last time. I was going to try to say good bye and thank you explain that I was leaving Punta Arenas now and not comming back... The whole time I was working out I was working out my brains as well, how I would say it in Spanish. By the time I was ready to go home I pretty much had it figured out too, but then I totally chickened out and just snuck out the door without even looking back. So much for my Spanish skills, they're not what I wish they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment