Monday, January 11, 2010

Santiago round 2

We got up at 5 this morning to fly out of a rainy Punta Arenas, heading north for some summer sun. We have to be out of Chile Jan 16th and we'll probably just stay a day or two here in Santiago. We're trying to get a hold of Juri, but that's as easy as always... so I don't know if we'll get to see him at all.

When we got off the airport bus downtown Santiago, this rasta dude came up to us to promote his hostel, and since we (again) couldn't get a hold of Juri, that's where we ended up staying. It's more a home stay than a hostel really, the place stinks of insense and even though our hosts insists it gets cleaned every day....I doubt it. But then, we have our own room and it's cheap.
I feel like we're bad tourists though, neither one of us is that excited about being back on the back packing trail, in a way I wish we could just go straight home instead of hiking around for another three weeks.... But, since things are the way they are, I'm going to try and make the best of it and enjoy Argentina. Tango and steaks for everybody!

It's actually summer up here, cooler now at night but I'd guess we had around 25 degrees or so during the day. I had to break out the sun glasses and flip flops for the first time in months. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment