Wednesday, August 26, 2009

det blir inte av

Last night we finally told Gary about the decission that's kind of been brewing for a while... that we're not going with him. It sucks in a lot of ways, but I guess there's a time and a boat for every trip and this just isn't it. Maybe we can meet up with him along the road some place. Maybe not, but this is just not working out. The boat is not ready and we don't have time to wait around. There's other little stuff around it too, but basically, that's it.

So, now that that's out in the open, I feel a lot better. I think it was harder for Dylan deciding not to go, he really wants to sail and also kind of takes pride in being an optimist and a person who sees something good in everyone and wants to believe in dreams and all that stuff. Which is cool.... I'm just more in touch with my sceptical side, I guess.... I have no problem being the ney sayer.

Tomorrow will be our last day in Colonial Beach and we'll have to go through out packs and get rid of a whole lot of baggage now that we'll actually have to cary it ourselves. That kind of sucks, but then again, nothing I own is worth that much, except my computer which I think I'll just ship back to Idaho. Then friday we'll head to Washington DC, spend a day there and then take a bus to NYC where we'll couch surf a week or so before heading to South America. That's the plan for now at least, and I'm excited, should be a lot of fun.

On a side note, a monster boat that made Jim's vessel look like like a paddle boat, just pulled into the marina today. 95 feet. Dylan was hoping Puff Daddy would roll out... but he didn't. The thing is huge, though. By far the biggest one-owner boat I've ever seen. I bet they have AC on it.... we still don't, and now I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment