Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday night

My Saturday started pretty much the moment I went to bed last night as it was past midnight and it took me forever to fall asleep due to a number of circumstances.... I was freezing even though I slept with all my clothes on, I was right by the window facing the alley and all the drunk people walking home or to the bar, I was on the top bunk worried about falling down and finally people kept walking in and out of our dorm. But when I finally decided it was time for the day to kick off the sun was out and I was ready to see Bogota and give it a fare chance. The fact that I had to wash myself in cold water with a hand soap that smelled of old fruit punch did not discourage me, two crossiants and a cup of Colombian coffee later I was ready to go.

And, Bogota seems pretty cool and I think we are going to give it at least a month or so. We will probably look for another place to stay once our three nights at this place are over, but it seems like that should not be too hard. Hopefully we will pick up some Spanish too... it seems way easier than Chinese, although I keep saying little stupid frases in Chinese now when I try to say excuse me, sorry, I want, I dont like... and stuff like that.

Tomorrow is Sunday, all museums are appearantly free on Sundays so we will go check out a few of those and then I am taking Dylan out for his birthday, the girls at the hostel recomended a place for that occation so hopefully that will be nice.

But right now some warmer clothes are definitly on the top of my list, once the sun is gone, it gets freaking cold here. The hostel owner said Bogota has perpetual spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment