Saturday, September 26, 2009

you can´t run from the runs, but run for the bus

It´s my turn to have the upset stomach now, and I´ve got it bad. The bus ride here to Trujillo was horrible, 11 hours, no bathroom on the bus and I was in constant misery. I had to make the bus stop to let me out three times and one time they left without me. I came out of the bathroom just in time to see the bus pull out and figured that with no money, no phone and very limited language skills, I did not want to be left alone in a random Peru-town at 1 am. So I started running.... and ran next to the bus for a while before Dylan (on the inside) could finally convinse the driver to stop and let me back on. And after that sprint, it didn´t take long before I had to go again....

Yeah, it sucks. We went here with Torunn and Travis, a Norweigan-Australian couple we met in Mancora and headed out to the Monchu ruins with them today, but I could only finish half the tour before I had to go hang out in the baños again, so in case I feel better we´ll do the rest of the temples tomorrow, otherwise Dylan will have to go on his own.

There has also been a slight change in our travel plans. It turns out the tickets we bought to fly from Lima to Santiago were in fact never bought at all. The airline company tryed to call Dylan´s cell phone in the US to have him confirm that we actually wanted them, and when they couldn´t get a hold of us, they just cancelled them. But in a way, that works out alright since we were going to have two weeks in Santiago to kill before the wedding, now we might just to southern Peru and parts of Bolivia before Santiago instead. Right now just the thought of getting on another bus makes me want to crawl underneath the covers and hide.... but we already have the tickets to tomorrow´s night bus so all I can do is hope my stomach gets more cooperative and that this bus has a toilet.
The fact that we´re staying in a hostel, described by the guide book in the following way "if you have ever visitied Alcatraz and found it cozy and appealing, this place is for you" also makes it easier to leave and less temting to crawl underneath the covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment