Thursday, September 24, 2009

time to leave the beach

Thursday afternoon here in Mancora beach and we just bought our bus tickets, leaving tonight on a 8 hour bus ride to check out some ruins and stuff in Trujillo. Life on the beach has been a nice break but I´m getting really sick of sand everywhere and Dylan is getting really sun burned, so it seems like a good time to move on.

I started this day with yoga by the pool with this guy John, who´s a surf instructor/yoga guru from Hawaii. It was definitly better than the yoga I did in China (since I could understand what the instructor was saying) but I don´t know that yoga is quite my thing still. I just hate that there so much time devoted to focusing on your inner core and spiritual strength... I must not have a lot of that or it´s just really well hidden, because my mind just wanders and I think about breakfast, what I need to buy in the city and places we are going next. But my back liked it after carrying my backpack around.

Yesterday when we walked on the beach I saw this huge, black thing floating in the water just a few meters from shore. First I thought it was a rock but it turned out to be dead sea lion. The thing was huge and just bopping up and down in the waves. When it came closer we saw that someone had cut the head off (appearantly the teeth are worth money or something) but the rest of the body was just left there, intestines and stuff coming out of the neck. Pretty gross. There´s also quite a lot of dead birds and other animals lying around on the beach and voltures and crabs feeding on them. The circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment