Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Candy and carols

Christmas tomorrow, I hardly expect the long lost Christmas feelings to suddenly appear before then, but I still look forward to dinner and a nice evening with the Twymans. I may even drag Dylan with me to watch an American boys choir that will perform Christmas carols at Plaza del Armas, downtown at noon tomorrow. At home, we always go to church at noon on christmas eve, and I'd like to hear some carols.

We now have all the presents ready, I just have to wrap them. Since we figured Mama & Papa Twyman already have so much stuff and there's not really anything we could get them that they couldn't just get themselves, I brought out my inner Martha Stewart and made candy yesterday. Three different kinds, Polkabark, Dumbo's kisses and peanut&cookie clusters.

The Polkabark is a simplified version of Ataharis recipie since I couldn't find all the ingridients. It's just melted dark chocolate with chrushed candy canes that you spread out pretty thin, let harden and then break into pieces. Dumbo's kisses I made since Dylan really likes peanuts and they turned out nice (I let D try one), but it almost made me sick having to deal with so much peanut smell making them... It's chocolates with peanutbutter inside and chopped peanuts on top. And the clusters I just made since I had left over chocolate, peanuts and crushed cookie pieces in chocolate. I bought a nice white trey to put it all on and red ribbons to go around. I hope they will like it.

2 comments:

  1. Låter som mumsigt godis. God jul på er!! Hoppas du lyckas hitta lite julkänsla o att ni får en mysig julhelg. Kram

    ReplyDelete
  2. God jul på dig! Hälsa D och finn julkänslan :)

    Själv har jag inte fått någon julkänsla heller, jag är mest kräkless på julmat och att stressa runt. Imorgon ska jag minsann ta det lugnt!

    ReplyDelete