Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gifts, gifts, gifts....

I'm afraid we're going to be recieving some gifts this Christmas. This means we will feel very bad if we don't present gifts for the people giving us gifts. And this, in turn means that with Christmas being less than 10 days away we have to start figuring out what to do about this.

All of this, I realized last night as Dylan and Randy were planning a hiking trip. They went to bed, early this morning after having decided to leave Wednesday (that would be tomorrow) and come back late Christmas eve. Grand plan boys, as always. That would have meant I would have had to do all the gift shopping on my own. Not that I mind the running around in stores part, that's fun. But figuring out what to get for people you don't really know just because you're having dinner at their house and you're afraid they might be getting something for you....that's not fun. But me not going along on this hiking expedition would have been my own choice and therefor I couldn't really complain.

Anyways, now the plans have changed. I'm telling you, it's like everytime someone sneezes in Chile, ten other people change their minds. So I don't know when/if they're going to go, but I want to get moving on this Christmas shopping asap so it doesn't have to be a last minute deal I'm stuck with alone.

And all I really want for Christmas is darkness and snow. Can't wait till next year when I hope to have both these key ingredients. Family, I suppose, would be really nice too... but darkness and snow, that's what I miss right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment