Monday, December 14, 2009

it's better to kill the time than the boss

This has so far been a pretty crappy Monday. Since I worked at the Yoga Hotel Friday and didn’t come into the office, the boss wanted to meet with me “early” Monday morning to discuss future project. In an office at home that would probably mean around 8, so I figured 9 would be considered early in South America. Sure enough, I was here at 9 and got to meet with the scatter brain at 9:30, only to find she was busy so later would be better. I told her I’d be in front of the computer and just to come find me and she said she would. I caught her at 1 pm, as she was rushing off to a meeting. She told me to come back from my lunch early so we could talk before her next meeting at 4. I did so, came back at 3 only to find she hadn’t had her lunch yet. Again, I said I’d be at my desk and to come get me whenever it was a good time for her to have this meeting. She said she would. I sat at my desk and for the first 45 minutes the internet didn’t work. It’s almost 6 now and still no meeting. I don’t really care though, if they want to give me more work, I’ll do it, but if not….hey, that’s fine with me.

I’ve gotten two positive responses from adventure magazines who want to print my features and I also got one interview lined up today. So I guess it hasn’t been an all crappy day.

And come Wednesday, almost everyone at the office (at least all the people in charge) will be gone on a 14 day expedition so then I’m going to start working more from home instead of sitting here waiting for people who only notice you when you’re gone. Dylan was here this morning, 4 hours in front of the computer without anyone saying more than “Buenos Dias” to him. When he didn’t come back after lunch, immediately I get “where’s Dylan?”

Now it probably sounds like I don’t like this place at all, which is not the case. I just feel like it’s their job to keep me busy and if they don’t I will just work on helping myself getting published. In that sense it’s a fair trade I guess….they need me to write their stuff and I need them to get my articles published.

No comments:

Post a Comment