Thursday, December 3, 2009

Laughing all the way to work

So much can change in two days. And it has. Well, the sky is still blue and the water in the toilet still swirls the wrong way so it´s not like we´re not still upside down down here, but there has been some changes.

The people we had Thanksgiving dinner with last Thursday all work for this non-profit called Nomadas whose main focus is to organize an adventure race(http://patagonianexpeditionrace.com/) every year. The French guy who invited us to dinner is doing an internship there and met Dylan playing soccer and well, yeah.....at dinner we met pretty much the rest of the staff. Then I e-mailed them this week, asking if they needed any help, volounters, whatever, and I had an interview yesterday and started today. Dylan had his interview today and starts tomorrow. The arrangements are not really finalized yet. I doubt we´ll get paid, the budget is really tight and any profits made goes directly to a saving the wildlife fund. But the experience and a few lines on my resume together with a letter of recomendation would be enough for me. It´s not like I´m going to commit to a full time, 40 hours a week if I don´t get paid anything, but we both have a meeting with the boss tomorrow morning so we´ll probably figure it out then.
It´s good. Something to do and new people to meet.

And as if that wasn´t enough... Randy came back from Puerto Williams today and I had not been home for 20 minutes before he took me to this Laughing Yoga Spa & Hostel (seriously...) that some old collegues of his have opened down town. I tried to tell him I was not really looking for work anymore, but somehow I ended up leaving there with a promise of filling in for the receptionist when needed. We´ll see what happens with that, maybe they won´t need me at all. Laughing Yoga.... I need to learn better Spanish so I can speak for myself.

Thursday night. We´re about to watch Let the right one in, the Swedish nomine for the Oscars. I kind of liked the book, so I´m excited. Although at this point I would be excited about a documentery about mud as long as it was in Swedish.
And then work again tomorrow. What a strange feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Grattis till jobben! Testa om svt-play (www.svtplay.se) funkar där borta så kan du kanske t.o.m kan se svensk lucia om en vecka =)

    ReplyDelete