Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Hey, it´s the turkey day! I really don´t care that much, I have only had two real Thanksgivings in my life and two fake ones. The real ones were in Minnesota and Idaho, the fake ones in China and Sweden with Americans who simply couldn´t do without poultry and pumkin pie. I didn´t even know today was the day until Dylan got an e-mail this morning inviting us to this French dude´s house for dinner tonight. He´s like French/American though (I think, I´ve never met him) and Dylan met him playing soccer. But it should be fun, any holiday is a good reason to celebrate. Thanksgiving in Chile with a French twist....I think this will count as another fake one.

Today was the windiest it has been in a long time. Walking down Bulnes avenue to downtown I had to take probably ten pauses where I just stood still, concentrating on staying upright and not letting the wind knock me over. Snot and eyeball juice streaming horizontal from my face I finally made it to Spanish class in more than twice the time it normally takes to walk downtown. It was only my second actual class here, but I try to study on my own, even though it´s pretty hard. Now (since I asked for it) I also have homework to do. For tomorrow I am supposed to write the story of my life in Spanish. I have a feelings it will be very simplified and contain very few details. My favourite word in Spanish as of right now is trabajaba. Any excuse to use that in a sentence.

I just got off the phone with my mother. She has made this years first lussekatter. A year ago I was at home, baking them with Karin and Anette....good times. Sweden and advent seem very far away right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment