Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Laila K till frukost

I wonder what it is with Swedish music in Chile. You hear Abba way more often than you´d wish, Roxette, Europe and Ace of Base are not unfamiliar on the radio and DJ Mendez (who is Chilean, I didn´t know that) is disturbingly enough actually famous here. Yuck.

And then this morning, as I´m making breakfast, Laila K is suddenly in da house. I had totally forgotten about her. She´s like the Amy Winehouse of Sweden, only not talented, and hasn´t been around for years as far as I know. Last I heard about her was a debate on whether she was dead, homeless or making a comeback. And there she is, on Chilean radio. Now the question is, is this acutally a comeback or is Chile just stuck in the 80´s?

Last night we took the dogs for a walk along the shore. I call it a walk but it´s more like forcing them to be on a leash, trying to move in one direction, while we let them out of the yard. And the moon was just amazing, I have never seen anything like it. Of course we had no camera but I´ll be ready with it for the next time. First we didn´t even know if it was the sun or the moon, if someone had told me it was a new, undiscovered planet that would have made more sense. It was dark yellow, full, hanging just above the horizon and absolutely huge. At that point I forgave Punta Arenas for the harsh winds for a while and thought this is actually a really cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment