Friday, November 6, 2009

Long days in the long country

As much as I do enjoy not having to pack and repack my stuff every other day, aswell as carrying my backpack, sleeping on busses and all the other not so cool sides of travelling budget style, I am getting really freaking bored here. Yesterday we had lunch with Juri´s (Dylan´s old room mate from Moscow) dad who has a lot of buisnesses here in Punta Arenas and he is going to try and help us get something to do with our time. I´d be happy with pretty much anything. Fun and money would be a bonus, pretty much I just need a reason for getting up in the morning other than using the bathroom.

Friday today and another weekend coming up. We have no plans though, other than attempting to cook French onion soup tonight and invite Randy over. Jamie has a lot of cook books and we found a recipie that fit our criterias, not too complicated and all the ingredients are pretty cheap and except for bay leaves (lagerblad??) we had heard of all of them before. So, onion soup it is.

I´m excited they have goat cheese that´s really good here, but it´s unfortunatly also really expensive and not something you could eat every day. I haven´t seen any soy milk or other soy products, but they do have lactose free milk and yoghurt which makes my life easier.

I wish I had more exciting things to report, but I don´t. Life is slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment